#betterinbetterout, eating well, escape the busy trap, family, family time, fast company, Gini Dietrich, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle advice, Inc., inspire, learn, list, Master of Public Health, meaningful, mom, pinterest, quality time, real, relationships, relevant, successful people, to-do list, women, work
- Healthy Eating – I’ve really worked on thinking about everything I intake. I still choose a cupcake, some caffeine and likely other ‘unhealthy’ things. It’s a personal choice, but for me, I’m learning I feel better when I eat well. It’s not a diet. It’s a lifestyle. I’m eating smaller portions (because I hadn’t adjusted my portions since being pregnant two years ago). I’m rarely eating fast-food and when I do, I’m opting for the healthy item and not the french fries. (Obviously with exception.) I’m opting for organic when it makes sense and makes a difference. I’m also working this throughout our whole family and everyone’s loving the changes!
- What My Eyes See – Operation Unsubscribe at the beginning of the year has been a tremendous success. I do not miss clicking the delete button 83 times every day! I haven’t increased my reading time with books but hope to soon. I am spending more time with online reading that matters to my personal and professional development and less about my home or fashion development. The best improvement here, I’m seeing more of my kids. Less face time with my phone and more face time with the best things on the planet!
- Quality Time – My hubby. We don’t get as much time together as a couple who has more traditional professions might. But we’ve always made it work. This Summer, we’ve had the opportunity to have weekends together for the first time in 8 years without having to take a vacation. Amazing. From weekends filled with family time, an occasional date, or a night out with friends to a vacation in Arizona, we have been blessed to have some great quality time. Investing in our relationship has been awesome.
A few posts that offer additional (even better) tips on managing what is likely a crazy full life for all of us:
- What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast via Fast Company
- 3 Ways Successful People Organize Their To-Do Lists via Fast Company
- Tackling the To-Do List via Fast Company’s The Thread
- 25 Best Sites for Healthy Lifestyle Advice via Master of Public Health
- How to Escape the Busy Trap by Gini Dietrich
- 10 Tips to a Fabulous Workday via Inc.
I’d love to hear what you’re doing to gain focus and improve your intake! Later this week, I’ll share some of the results I’m experiencing in a Better Out Update.