Being Thankful, Catie's Commendations, family, generosity, Giving Thanks, Gratitude, Heathyr Harkless, inspire, Jesus Christ, Kristen Chenoweth, Kristen Chenoweth on Oprah, list, love, meaningful, Mike Packnett, Mr. Moser, real, Rebecca Karcher, relevant, Ron and Laura Williams, Steve Gilliland, Thanksgiving Challenge, Thanksgiving Tree, The Fly-Moms, tim sanders, Tommy Schoegler, Wicked "For Good"
Maybe you’ve seen the daily, alphabetical posts of Thanksgiving on Facebook. I have several friends participating in this. One friend even started a blog in this theme. I haven’t jumped on the bandwagon but it definitely gave me pause for consideration.
My favorite author (this goes without saying at this point, right?) recently wrote a challenge to personally thank those who have made a difference in your life. In a recent keynote, the speaker challenged us to think of five people who made a difference in your life. There seems to be a theme, yes?
Well, they say it comes in three’s and sure enough, driving in the car listening to our “kids mix” on the iPod, I heard Kristen Chenoweth sing “For Good”.
I have to admit, when I watched this during the show, I was sobbing. Sobbing! Can you imagine what that moment felt like for those Morehouse Men standing on stage and for Oprah to receive such a gift of thanks?
Occasionally, we’re lucky to receive such a gift. A former intern of mine wrote perhaps the most kind, gracious, pull-out-and-read-again-for-years kind of thanks to me. I think I felt like Oprah when I read it. 🙂 Thanks, Heathyr, for a gift I continue to cherish!
My challenge to you – thank those that came before you. Those who came into your life for a reason. Those who changed you for good. Don’t miss the opportunity to do so today.
Today, I thank…
- My family – I could name each of you individually and list a specific way you’ve impacted my life, but I’d run out of space on this blog.
- Rebecca Karcher – a dear friend who teaches me about kindness, acceptance and friendship daily.
- Mr. Moser – who inspired me to teach, no matter what my job is.
- The Fly-Moms – who give unconditional love and demonstrate the unique ability to be vulnerable.
- Mike Packnett – who is the most real example of a servant leader I’ve had the pleasure to work with.
- Tim Sanders – who isn’t just my favorite author, but is the person who put into words my theory of life and couldn’t be any nicer of a person in real life.
- Ron and Laura Williams – who demonstrate God’s love to others because it’s their heart (not their job) and brought out my heart for missions.
- Tommy Schoegler – who allows me to be the best me and is always demonstrating his love for me and our family by putting himself last.
- Jesus Christ – no one could have changed me more.
…for putting your hand print on my heart. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.