To mark the end of my thirtieth year, here are a few of my favorite things as recorded on the first day of my thirty-first.
- I am an HGTV fan. Pretty much all of the shows, but who doesn’t love Genevieve. She used similar illustrations done on vintage book pages in a dining room redo and I was so excited to find similar prints on Etsy. (Another love.) The initial “H” I plan to put in my office and will put a collection of six vegetables, flowers and insects in my eat-in kitchen.
- Sarah’s (Summer) House. How can I mention HGTV and not mention Sarah. Seriously. She may be one of the only Canadian things I like. Therefore, she gets her own number.
- I am committed that my next thirty years will be healthy. I will at least never be as unhealthy as I am now. Many of my birthday gifts were in this theme and I’m getting this great tank (in a favorite color, inspired by a favorite quote) and a new pair of running shoes. And since I’ve discovered my new favorite local boutique, I’m listing them here. I’m waiting to shop there until I lose a few pounds so I don’t waste money on clothes that don’t fit. (Fingers crossed!)
- I always love when I see women with a great statement index ring. I’m hoping that these wire wrapped beauties will be my signature index ring(s).
- My little guy is turning one in just a few weeks. He and his sister are definitely favorites of mine! Here are a few of my birthday favorites for him… I was worried about how to make a boy’s birthday fun and special (having grown up in a house of girls only), but I found it pretty easy once I chose a “transportation” theme. He LOVES all things with wheels so he should enjoy his party. I made an invitation and then found these great cupcake picks and other goodies on Etsy to help finish the theme. I think I’ll also get this personalized train t-shirt for him to wear on his big day.
- These are a few quotes I find to be lovely for a few reasons. One, I think they’re lovely to look at. Two, I feel blessed to be doing what I love and grateful to help others express their generosity. For me, 1 + 2 = meaningful. Here they are: “Whatever you are, be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln” and “I will be grateful for this day.”
- I’ve wanted this necklace for awhile and love it more now that it is on my neck. (Thanks to my hubby for my Mother’s Day present!) I looked at a lot of Etsy stores but this seller and her work really stood out. My necklace is customized with a quote personal to our family and other special things like family names and dates. It’s special and wonderful to look at!
- Thank the Lord, my children love music as much as I (and my husband) do. Really, a good song comes on and heads are bopping, hands are clapping and voices are raised. It’s joyous. And – if we’re not in the car – our feet are dancing. This song by Ray LaMontagne is getting a lot of play at our dance parties. I can sing it to my hubby and kids and I’ll look in the backseat and my daughter is singing it to her baby brother. THE greatest and my most favorite!