The irony is not lost on me that I’m writing about work/life balance and I’m writing this on a Friday night.
I’m a pretty busy person. My calendar is usually full and because of my color-coding, it’s as colorful as a bag of Skittles. And it is difficult to manage the calendar and my
life loves. I’m a pretty busy wife, mom, daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend, volunteer and coworker.
I’m probably not much different than you. Do you struggle with how to balance it all? Call it another God-thing but as I’m starting to bring things into focus in the beginning of 2011, several relevant posts have found their way into my Google Reader. Here’s what I’ve found interesting and you may as well.
- Is Your Calendar Managing You? Why, yes it is. Thank you for asking.
- How to Cut Your Incoming Email by Half and Get More Done
- Time Management for Nonprofits
- Creating margin in a busy life
- Who Else Needs More Mental Focus
- Women Find Space of Their Own with Mom Caves
- Why to Switch to a Standing Desk and How to Build One I once knew an executive who used one, and swore by its effectiveness
So off I go to figure out how to cut my incoming email while standing at my newly built standing desk in my mom cave…