Baked Ziti, Bean Soup, Broccoli Alfredo, Cheesy Potato Soup, Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs, Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice, Deep-Dish Cheeseburger Pizza, Easy Meals, Edamame, family, favorite, food, grilled bruschetta chicken, lasagna, Lasagna Soup, list, mac and cheese, Mac N' Cheese, meal planning, meatloaf, mom, month of meals, Parmesan Knots, Pesto Stuffed Shells, random, real, Real Simple, recipe, recipes, relevant, sloppy joes, slow-cooker, Stuffed Green Peppers, Stuffed Shells, Taco Stuffed Shells, Tortellini, women
First, let me start by saying it is HARD to keep the meal planning updated here! But, I figure if I’m cooking that’s better than blogging about cooking, right? And the cooking is going well. We’re really enjoying the variety in meals and the experience of shopping weekly and eating as a family at the table nightly.
To catch us up, here are the lists from Weeks 1 & 2 along with new lists from Weeks 3 & 4. Remember the Team Schoegler rating system is out of a possible four thumbs up since there are four members of our Team.
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken – Score: 4+ of 4 (Easily our favorite of the week. Bruschetta + Pasta + Chicken equals an easy win in our house.)
- Bacon-Gruyere Meatloaf with Roasted Carrots and Onions – Score: 3 of 4
- Not-So-Sloppy Joes – Score: 4 of 4 – This has become a family favorite!
- Black Bean Soup Unfortunately, these ingredients still sit in the pantry unused.
- Slow-Cooker Beef Stew - Score: 1 of 4 – WAY too much work for the lack of flavor it produces.
- Slow-Cooker Baked Apples – we went apple picking so I’m hoping to use these in this recipe. – I had a heck of time trying to find an apple corer. (Not the kind that slices it into nice little wedges AND cores it, but just one that cores it.) I finally found one at Bed, Bath & Beyond so this is still on the list. But with new apples.
- Slow-Cooker Shredded Beef and “Chipotle” Cilantro Lime Rice – Score: 4 of 4 – It tastes exactly like Chipotle rice!
- Crock-Pot Mac N’ Cheese – Score: 1 of 4 – Cheese factor needs improved and less Oregano
- Cannellini Bean Soup – more unused ingredients
- Slow-Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup – Score: 3 of 4
- Lasagna Soup - Score: 4 of 4
- Pesto Stuffed Shells – Score: 3 out of 4 – Pretty average pasta dish. But, the recipe goes so far as to tell you the cost to prepare the meal!
- Stuffed Green Peppers with Parmesan Knots – Score: 3 out of 4
- Lasagna Style Baked Ziti – Score 4+ out of 4 – Who would think of spinach in lasagna? Not me! And my kids loved it!
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken – Score: see week 1. We loved it so much, we repeated!
- Not-So-Sloppy Joes – Score: see week 1. Another repeat!
Weeks 4 and 5 (We ate out more during Week 4 so here are more than enough recipes for one week or those silly months with a Week 5)
- Taco Stuffed Shells – Score: 4 out of 4 – We were all surprised at how much we liked this! And, the leftovers were still good the next day.
- Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs with Edamame
- Deep-Dish Cheeseburger Pizza
- Beef with Parmesan Potatoes
- Tortellini with Bacon and Greens
- Broccoli Alfredo
With this list and your own family favorites, you now have a full MONTH of family-friendly recipes. And so do I! How cool is that?
Have you been doing any meal planning? Have a great recipe to share?
I’m working on a post about a few of the tools I’ve discovered that make finding recipes, writing grocery lists, cutting coupons and keeping it all organized just a bit easier. Stay tuned!